Re: OT: Wireless Internet

** Reply to message from "Patricia M. Godfrey"
 on Wed, 25 Jun 2008 14:57:51 -0400

>> You need an
>> unlimited data plan, and you need a phone that has a real
>> operating system in it, like Windows Mobile v6 (aka WinCE).

> _You_ do, being a power user and handling humongous files.

You do too, if you want to tether your computer to it, to
replace a lousy ISP. I don't have any humongous files on mine
-- just my XyWrite address book (maybe 400Kb) and my Garmin
street maps of Europe and North America (2.7Gb). Plus a couple
of movies (Bunuel's Obscure Object of Desire, Kieslowski's
Decalogue). An unabridged reading of Suetonius' Lives of the
Caesars. And some YouTube videos...

Robert Holmgren
holmgren@xxxxxxxx