Re: corporate serial killers

Robert wrote:
The third: I have an ANSIfied Xy4 installation, and use it quite a lot. Also
toggle _portions_ of it in on my regular Xy4 at least once a day, e.g. ANSI
full-screen fonts -- extremely handy, for example when writing HTML. Command
is ANSIFS (requires the font itself, and VGA.COM -- see HELP ANSIFS
and also HELP ANSI).
Can someone explain, starting from scratch, what ANSI is about and why it
has any value? I understand that it's a protocol for encoding characters,
in competition to ASCII, but what's the deal with it?

Thanks,
Harry

Harry Binswanger
hb@xxxxxxxx