RE: NOEMS

>   >    Thanks, David Auerbach, for pointing me at the documentation of the
>   >command line switches.
>   >You're welcome.
>   > > >It would be really nice if there were a way to specify a program to
>   >run after startup.int. It would also be nice to be able to load several
>   >files from the command line.
>Well, the first is easy. Run it from startup.int, or from
>startup2.int, or from startup3.int,.... Is that what you meant?
>The only way I can think of to do that is clutzy: let the first
>argument be a filename that contains a list of filenames (that's the
>clutzy part, since you have to create that list), and then let have a
>single keystroke you hit once that file opens on the screen that
>invokes a program that opens all those files. Yucch. Of course,
>clutzy part one can be handled by a bat file that takes all the
>arguments, puts them into a file and then calls editor.exe with that
>filename. The awkward part is that whatever that filename is it is
>not accessible to XPL (is it, Tech Support???).

There is no way to pass information from a batch file to an XPL
program. But, you could open a text file and read the value of
each line and set a specific set of actions for each line.

Thanks
Christopher Litsinger
XyWrite technical support
Another alternative here is just to create a set of XPL
instructions to load a set of files based on user input. This
would be roughly comparible to the multi-config option in DOS 6.
This would require you to group the files you might need loaded
at the same first, then prompt the user for which set to load,
then load it. You could add this to the
STARTUP.INT. Each time you started XyWrite, you would get a
prompt asking you which set of files you wanted to load.