RE: NOEMS

On Wed, 19 Apr 95 20:26:00 UTC you wrote:

>    Thanks, David Auerbach, for pointing me at the documentation of the
>command line switches.
You're welcome.
> >    It would be really nice if there were a way to specify a program to
>run after startup.int. It would also be nice to be able to load several
>files from the command line.
Well, the first is easy. Run it from startup.int, or from
startup2.int, or from startup3.int,.... Is that what you meant?
The only way I can think of to do that is clutzy: let the first
argument be a filename that contains a list of filenames (that's
the clutzy part, since you have to create that list), and then
let have a single keystroke you hit once that file opens on the
screen that invokes a program that opens all those files. Yucch.
Of course, clutzy part one can be handled by a bat file that
takes all the arguments, puts them into a file and then calls
editor.exe with that filename. The awkward part is that whatever
that filename is it is not accessible to XPL (is it, Tech
Support???).

David Auerbach
auerbach@xxxxxxxx
Department of Philosophy & Religion