Re: Problem with graphics view...?

Fri, 26 May 2006 11:39:52 -0400 (EDT), "M.W. Poirier"

wrote:
I cannot go into
graphics view. When I press Shift F8, I get the message "No screen
fonts. Cannot go into graphics view."
Are you using Xy 3 or 4? I might suggest some preliminary steps to track down the source if it's 4, but I don't even have the 3 manual any more. e.g., check SETTINGS.DFL to see if it still correctly points (DF XY=c:\xy\btfonts or whatever) to the location of your screen fonts; check your path to be sure it's still what you think it is. The forced shut-down shouldn't, but could have, corrupted these. If you run a bat file to set your path before loading Xy, check that the pif still points to it. I also seem to recall that that message sometimes pops up, misleadingly, when in fact the problem is OOM.

Patricia M. Godfrey
priscamg@xxxxxxxx