Re: uniqcomp.pm - Working for others?

Robert Holmgren wrote:
What's going on?
I don't know which mailers people are using and I'm aware that this problem isn't the same as the one you mention, but Thunderbird regularly gives problems when > quoting characters fall at the start or end of a line of code. On screen, it replaces them with the coloured vertical bars it uses for quoting text and when one copies and pastes that code, odd things happen. I've searched for an example and this may be one: in your clip, Robert, which starts: {{;5translate}} Translate any old$ in S/G 50[In/Out] into new the bottom 2 lines after copying and pasting from TB into a text editor come out as: <}SX57,@UPR({<}IS57{>}){>}{<}EI{>}{<}SX50,{<}IS58{>}+{<}IS57{
}+{<}IS60{>}{>}{<}EI{>}{<}LBC{>}{002}[cr|lf][cr|lf]
i.e. there's a spurious blank line followed by a line which starts with 2 `>' (if TB doesn't mangle it a bit more in the sending). Here presumably it's the angle brackets causing the problem. John
Everybody: Use the ZIP! It works great. I don't know
what's going on with our Email...
but it's something wierd. I just told Russ
privately how to correct his Email
version... I can't trust that everybody has
the exact same errors, but for
what it's worth, he has: one instance of left_guillemetEI{> } change that to left_guillemetEIright_guillemet -- a true
≪EI≫ EndIf!
and one instance of MD>DN change that to MDDN -- a true ≪MDDN≫ DeleteNormal MoDe! If that's what you have too, then make those
two changes, SAve it, & RUN it
against your files. Otherwise use the copy in
the ZIP from 8 Nov.
But I'm truly mystified: again I decoded my
Whoops msg two different ways: by
saving the msg as a file, CAlling the file and
DECODEing that; and by copying
and pasting from the msg into XyWrite, and
DECODEing. Both ways, perfect.
Then I just pasted it from XySearch:
http://p70-144.acedsl.com/xywrite/2005/msg01623.htm
Perfect! (Would somebody else please try that?
When you do, *compare* your
result to copy in the ZIPfile.)