Re: Footnotes/End notes formatting

Michael Norman wrote:

House wants "citation" endnotes as they call them. To wit:
p. 222 ,And what a night it was...,: Miller, Adventures of The Mayflower Madame, 234.
Besides the extra work it takes to create this format, what is
the purpose? I recently read a book with that type of note, and I
found it quite annoying. Author-date citation, in the scientific
and social-scientific manner, I can see. Or traditional numbered
notes. But what end does this serve?
Actually, I think a combination of author-date (for bare citation
notes) and traditional numbered notes (for those snippets of
additional info that don't seem to go anyplace else) strikes me
as the best of both worlds.
--
Patricia M. Godfrey
priscamg@xxxxxxxx