Re: XYCONS in PNG format

Brian.Henderson@xxxxxxxx wrote:
Patricia, did you try using one of the new "Vista" icons I added to the
zip files on the site. Each zip now has the original icon, its BMP, and
a (supposedly) "Vistable" version.
Yes, I did, and the plot thickens. If I try to assign one of
those icons to, e.g., the shortcut to a folder on my drive (say
d:\xyinfo, where I keep all the list posts), it works fine. If I
try to assign one to editor.exe itself, Apply stays grayed out
and OK has no effect. So it looks as if BBBG won't let you put a
nice icon on the shortcut to a DOS app. I need to find some other
DOS apps (and dBase doesn't work even under W2K) and see what one
can do with them. Have to wait til I get home.
But this seems to indicate that it's not the icon format, but the
app one is trying to assign it to that's the problem.
--
Patricia M. Godfrey
priscameg@xxxxxxxx