Re: Can keyboard assignment use Windows key?

Thank you, Carl. Let me make sure I understand fully. (I realize I
could just try it and see, but I'd like to know what's happening.)

The registry change causes both the grave/tilde key and the Win key to
return key code 41. I understand how that affects XyWrite. And outside
XyWrite, the grave/tilde will behave the same as before. What about the
Win key outside XyWrite? Do other programs/Windows not care what key
code it returns? Will Win+tab (in Windows 7) works as it does now
(which I kind of like, unlike most other "features" of Windows)?

I understand that using the grave/tilde key is arbitrary. I used to
assign things to the Pause/Break key in Windows 98, but that is no
longer possible in XP, it seems. (Or maybe it was the change in my
hardware that caused the change.) With some previous hardware/software
configuration it didn't seem possible to assign things to all shifted
versions of the number pad keys (in particular, the 5, I think), but
with my current (desktop) configuration it is possible.

Martin

--
Martin J. Osborne
http://www.economics.utoronto.ca/osborne