Re: help needed

Hello Tom,

I gather from what you wrote that the same odd behavior stays with
different keyboards. If that is the case, this is not a keyboard issue,
it is more likely a motherboard issue. I think your motherboard may have
acquired a static charge that does not go away. I would suggest that you
unplug your computer, and if it has a battery of some kind, uninstall
the battery, then wait for a while, and put it back together.

Best regards,

Kari Eveli
LEXITEC Book Publishing (Finland)
lexitec@xxxxxxxx

*** Lexitec Online ***

1. left control key remains functioning like caps lock; right control key nada⬦for example, when I hit control q, to which I’ve assigned a simple macro, it says ’no macro assigned’ 2. however when I hit the alt keys, the macro executes, even though it’s not assigned in the alt keyboard table 3. I’ve tried loading several versions of the keyboard files; also plugging in four different keyboards, all avant stellars or omnikeys, and same situation. when I ran startup.int with no ldkbd command at all, same thing and the computer froze up after I hit my left ctrl (caps lock) key. 4. AND, my row of sf keys, all with macros in the shift table, won’t work unless I physically hit the shift key⬦otherwise they just act like the f keys⬦