Re: CLIP and OOM and WInword

** Reply to message from Si Wright  on Thu, 19 Jan 2006
22:43:18 -0800 (PST)

Jon:

Change your Paste key from
 44=NOJM2,.,c,l,i,p,w,Q2
 44=NOJM2,.,c,l,i,p,w,p,Q2

> The Break key (CTRL-FN-ScrLk on my Sony VAIO) did immediately
> stop the loop, asking Stop Program Y/N? So yes, it's not
> frozen but looping.

Well, this changes the whole complexion of the thing. CLIP.EXE itself is NOT
crashing. XyWrite is NOT frozen. There's only one place where the thing
loops, and that's in a child frame called AwaitFile. I.e., it's awaiting the
appearance of CLIP.TXT (produced by CLIP.EXE) but not finding it. And you say
that CLIP.TXT *is* present, i.e. produced by CLIP.EXE!

> And CLIP.TXT was as faithful as Desdemona.

Dio! mi potevi scagliar tutti i mali / della miseria...

Try changing that key assignment first. If that doesn't fix it, we need to
look at AwaitFile. (How AwaitFile could possibly relate to the position in
your file, above or below 50 words, eludes me entirely. There is something out
of kilter on your system, I suspect. I have a rule of thumb here, that before
I blame myself, I blame user error. Inadvertent, to be sure -- but user error
all the same.)

Robert Holmgren
holmgren@xxxxxxxx