Re: Lines in Startup.Int

Steve Hayes wrote:

> On 20 Sep 00, at 7:45, Sheldon Factor wrote:
>
> > Try copying your Startup.INT and renaming it to e.g. Startup.BAK then
> > editing the copy by removing any items you wish. When you are through
> > experimenting just delete the copy Startup.INT and rename the original
> > back to Statup.INT.

> Something I have done, and still do, is to have different directories, each
> with its own startup.int file. I have a lot of batchfiles which go to those
> directories and start XyWrite from there.
>
> So, for example, I might have s directory called LETTERS

Thanks (All) for the various suggestions, not too dissimilar from things I had
considered. But I was still curious about the technique -- if any -- of having
temporarily ignored & inoperative lines inside of different types of Xy
programming, the Startup file perhaps being the most basic example.

Jordan