Re: What Xy can do (was: Re: Looking for XyWrite)

In your Message regarding "What Xy can do (was: Re: Looking for
XyWrite)" dated 26 Nov 98, Eric Van Tassel
<101233.342@xxxxxxxx> said that ...

> Re change commands:
>
> Mnemonics: I've decided to interpret "CV"/"CI" as "Change Variable"/"Change
> Invariable".

 In the documentation that came with Xy3.54 (the version I have
been using for 10+ years) CV= change, verify; CI= Change,
immediate. Just to picky, seeing as how we all know how they
work. CH was undocumented in that version, but it does work --
although as others have pointed out, on a fast machine there is
no effective difference twixt CH and CI.

 Incidentally (and this should be a separate topic heading;
sorry, but the group seems to be if anything over-tolerant
of digression)

 Does anyone know how to get round Xy3's Millennium problem
with 1996? All files dated later than that show up as 1980, with
1998 coming out as 1982. The program knows that they aren't
*really* 1980 whatever, since a dsort will put them in the
correct date order. But the display still says 1981, 1980, 1982
and presumably next year 1983. So 2000 AD will be 1984, a year
I remember with some affection.

--

Alan Lothian

alanl@xxxxxxxx