Re: What Xy can do (was: Re: Looking for XyWrite)

In a message dated 11/26/98 09:54:27 AM Eastern Standard Time,
101233.342@xxxxxxxx writes:

>   Well, I soon discovered that when I used / or \ or * or @ or # as a
> delimiter, sooner or later I would want to use that character within the
> "old" or "new" string, thus invalidating the command. So I settled on a
> character I was fairly sure I'd never use in my work (I chose ASCII 239).

We ran into this problem in the dialog boxes for some search routines in Xy4.
One of my colleagues did a little routine that rotates among several
delimiters. It looks for the first delimiter in the search string; if it finds
it, the routine jumps to the next delimiter, etc. I don't know exactly where
it is in the DLG file; if I find it, I'll post it here.

ASCII 15 is a nice delimiter, too.

Tim Baehr
tbaehr@xxxxxxxx