to Anne Putnam, primarily

At 12:23 PM 10/27/99 EDT, Anne Putnam wrote:

>Finally, I would like to confirm that we have extended
>the special XyWrite offers to November 15. Please make
>sure that you let us know that you are a XyWrite user
>when you order so that you will receive the discounted
>price.

Dear Anne Putnam (and others reading over her shoulder):

I'm a XyWrite owner and I'm interested. If the program is as good as most
say, I'm perfectly willing to hand over the money. I believe that I can do
so by November 15. I'd probably be a desirable sort of customer for you,
as I'm not in the habit of asking for tech support (partly because, though
I'm none too bright, I'm not a dummy).

However, there have been a lot of complaints (or implied complaints) on
this list about what seems to be disorganization and incompetence at your
end -- not in programming or (non-) documentation, but in billing or shipping.

I don't think you've commented on these complaints. I wonder why you
haven't. Because they're fully justified -- or even typical of hundreds more?

How do you rate your company's efficiency? If I pay money for your
product, what are the chances that I'll get it?

I'm posting this in semi-public rather than in private not in order to
embarrass you but because I think others will be interested in your answers.

I very much look forward to reading your response.
Peter Evans