To: xywrite@xxxxxxxx Subject: Xydos 4.018 under Win 98 - cursor moveme

Problem solved. Thanks to Carl, David, and Teddy Odum for suggestions.

David Auerbach suggested
>renaming the ALT key to something else ("ALTY").<

Teddy Odum offered
>Open XyWrite in a Window. Right click the top colorful window bar and bring
up< >"properties". Go to the "misc" tab and uncheck all the windows shortcut
keys.<

Carl Distafano wrote earlier
>A few shifted keystrokes (the arrow keys chief among them) have a
>tendency to "leak through" to DOS. There's a function intended to
>prevent this: NI. . . . Your assignments would look like this:

>101=NIPW
>103=NINW<

First time I tried it it failed. I must have fouled something up, because
after the Auerbach and Odum suggestions drew blanks, I looked back at the
...kbd file and NI was missing on the alt table (101 and 103). I got it right
this time and it did (and does) work.
Many thanks!

Bruce