Xy4 spelling and Microlytics

The relevant portion of my settings.dfl:

DF LX=f:\xy4\
;DF UD=FRANCAIS
;om=31 means microlytics; om=0 means signature, i.e. french
DF OM=31

Just sit in the lotus position and say, OM.
If I'm writing (my bad) French I can toggle to the Signature style
speller, but use the French dictionary. Most of the time I use the old
Microlytics dictionary, with OM set to 31.

By the way, a propos of the previous discussion. I have, though not
recently, helped five different people prepare camera ready copy of
complicated manuscripts (footnotes, endnotes, foreign stuff (Greek in one
case), indices, ...) using Xy4DOS. While it wasn't my idea of fun, it
wasn't all that hard. The only glitches to work around were some memory
problems with indices (change the sort size) and some bugs with endnotes
that required "hand formatting" a bunch of pages. Getting footnotes to
have minimal problems was achieved by fiddling with BT settings. Never
saw the point of XyWin; but then I never saw the point of Windows.
 Here's a problem with formatting that I solved ten years ago. It's
today's puzzler: suppose you are reproducing some old French texts that
contains quoted material using the old French convention--meaning that
each quoted line begins with a left guillemet. (rather like, now that I
think of it, quotation conventions in e-mail). Now suppose you want to
be able to let such text freely wrap and accept edits.

--
                     Regards,
                     David

I would eat my own father with such a sauce.
           --Grimod de la Reynière

David Auerbach              auerbach@xxxxxxxx (David Auerbach)
Department of Philosophy & Religion
NCSU