Re: Testing $X

> And I'm still not getting EB restored, but I'm looking further.

Your code, or mine? Mine restores EB just fine.

Your code--per the encoded version of my $X frame, below.

I find the error beep inoperative (set to 0,0) after:
- hitting the $Xkey with a blank CMline
- calling a help file in .INF
But EB is correctly re-set to the default value (768,20000) after:
- hitting the $Xkey with just a "?" on the CMline
- executing a native command
- executing a valid U2 frame
- trying to execute an invalid command/frame (e.g., kkk<$Xkey>), which generates: "application error . . ."
Here's the weirdest thing. With the correct EB value in place, VA/NV<$Xkey>
gives 0,0 but, as the very next command, having changed nothing, VA/NV
gives 768,20000.
BTW, when I said above that I found the error beep inoperative, I wasn't
judging just by doing VA/NV<$Xkey> (which always shows 0,0) but by
VA/NV and by trying to produce a beep by hitting the dedicated XC key
(104) on a blank CMline. So it really *is* 0,0, not just showing that for
VA/NV<$Xkey>.

One other data point:
d eb=768,20000<$Xkey>
doesn't "take." But doing the same command with XC does.
Does any of this make sense to you? How can VA/NV EB give opposite results with <$Xkey> and ?

Harry Binswanger
hb@xxxxxxxx