Re: Testing $X

Harry:

> In the Sept. 24 version of $X, what is the purpose of testing whether 28 or
> 104 was hit? Isn't that already given from the assignment (or lack thereof)
> in the .kbd file? Are you envisioning another key having $X assigned to it,
> which would then skip the first part of your frame?

Yes. See the Help frame. The routine is intended for assignment to any key.

> I see you've moved {>}0>{crlf} to near the start.

It was an economizing change. Allowed me to eliminate a LaBel-GoLabel pair.

> I think there is an omitted closed paren, which should be after "<>0" in
> the "HELP" testing part.

Yes, I caught that earlier today.

> So far, ENTER hit with a blank command line goes to the .INF file.

That's normal Helpkey behavior. This is a combination eXeCute key and Helpkey.

> And I'm still not getting EB restored, but I'm looking further.

Your code, or mine? Mine restores EB just fine.

--
Carl Distefano
cld@xxxxxxxx