Re: Nota Bene Mailing List has moved

Why not do a search *.* for some string that would be semi-unique to them?
Even if there are 40 false positives, it might just get it for you.

I don't believe so, Paul. That would be too easy. I'm referring to when you address a #10 envelope for printing in NB, the TO and FROM boxes -- including font choice, point size, and so forth -- can be saved for future re-use. Then you just hit 'Get Address' from that screen and choose one. I had a bunch of those, which must get stored *somewhere*, but which might not have survived these recent v. 10 Beta updates. Jordan From: Paul Breeze To: xywrite@xxxxxxxx Sent: Friday, November 22, 2013 10:40 AM Subject: Re: Nota Bene Mailing List has moved Jordan I saw your query and then forgot about it. I do not use templates myself but my NB10 installation has a template subfolder. Is the template you are seeking not there? Paul On 22/11/2013 17:36, J R FOX wrote: > Thanks, Carl. ISTR that historically the level of tech help to be found > there did not compare all that favorably with what exists here, but I > guess I should subscribe there as well. > > No one seems to have picked up on my recent query about where the NB > envelope address templates one creates live. I would have thought > perhaps some .Ini file, but nothing jumped out. It may come down to my > making some new ones on this latest beta update, then checking all the > file dates to see if any have incremented. > > > Jordan > > > ------------------------------------------------------------------------ > *From:* Carl Distefano mailto:cld@xxxxxxxxcld@xxxxxxxx> xywrite@xxxxxxxxxywrite@xxxxxxxx> > *Sent:* Thursday, November 21, 2013 4:21 PM > *Subject:* Nota Bene Mailing List has moved > > > As you may or may not be aware, the Nota Bene Mailing List recently > moved from its longtime home at Hamline University to the list > server at Michigan State University. When the change-over was being > discussed on the NB list last summer, I advocated for a procedure > that would automatically move all current subscribers to the new > server with no need for action on the subscriber's part -- a > transition modeled on the XyWrite list's move from U.Penn. to http://freelists.org/Freelists.org http://freelists.org/ some years ago. Evidently my > plea fell on deaf ears: > it dawned on me this week that I had abruptly stopped NB list posts > from the time the new list went live in September; it seems that it > was necessary to subscribe manually to the new list! Since others > may be in the same boat, I thought I'd let you know, and pass on > some useful information about the new list. > > The home page for the new list is here: > http://h-net.msu.edu/cgi-bin/wa?A0=NOTABENE > > The list subscription page is here: > http://h-net.msu.edu/cgi-bin/wa?SUBED1=NOTABENE > > -- > Carl Distefano > mailto:cld@xxxxxxxxcld@xxxxxxxx mailto:cld@xxxxxxxx > > > >