Re: Plain Text Email

Patricia wrote:
Yes, I have a copy and tried to try it. But the way it sets up accounts is incompatible with my ISP's requirements. Eskimo wants me to list my incoming mail server as pop3.eskimo.com, and my outgoing one as mail.eskimo.com, BUT my user name is ALWAYS priscamg@xxxxxxxx. Eudora kept sticking "pop3" after the one user name and "mail" after the other.
I don't understand--you can set whatever user name you want in Eudora. If
doing it thru icons and the GUI prove difficulty, just open Eudora.ini (in
Xy) and stick in stuff like this:

POPAccount=PriscaMG@xxxxxxxx
RealName=Patricia Godfrey
ReturnAddress=PriscaMG@xxxxxxxx
SMTPServer=

Eudora.ini is like settings.dfl. Its settings govern things.

Harry Binswanger
hb@xxxxxxxx