[DIR error (1996 files reported as 1980)]

 have question re how Xywrite deals with files created in 1996.
When I list such files with the `dir' command, the year is listed as the
default DOS year, ie, `80'.
However when I list such files in DOS or another program the year is indicated
correctly, ie 1996. I assume this is simply part of the code of the original
Xywrite program - they never thought it would still be in use in 1996?
Any chance someone has worked out a patch?
Martin_Johnson@xxxxxxx

Wesley Mission,
Sydney Australia