Re: xy to email

On 12 Mar 01, at 23:13, Carl Distefano wrote:

> Reply to note from "Steve Hayes"  Tue, 13
> Mar 2001 04:27:19 +0200
>
> > dm
> > lp mail.prn
> > pl 250
> > rm 64
> > typef ,path\filename.ext
> >
> > Go to mail proggie and import filename.ext into the mail
> > message.
>
> DM? Restore all factory-issued default settings? Why? Strikes me
> as unnecessary.

It unloads whatever printer file is loaded before loading the mail.prn file.

Then you just run startup.int again to restore whatever settings you had
before.

A lot of the things people have posted hare have been excessively
complicated - like removing all formatting. mail.prn (which comes with
XyWrite) APPLIES the codes where possible - for example indents,
automatic numbering and the like.

It's dead simple, and I use it all the time to compose formatted e-mail
messages.

The only things I remove from the original file is OF commands, page
numbering, headers and footers.

Keep well,

Steve Hayes
E-mail: shayes@xxxxxxxx