Re: Another challenge for DELTAGS | non-Xy "Can't Print 'ems"

cmadsen wrote:
J. R. Fox wants to convert
 http://www.msnbc.com/news/837882.asp?0cv=CB20&cp1=1http://www.msnbc.com/news/837882.asp?0cv=CB20&cp1=1 and is getting gobbledy
gook.

Have you tried saving the original web page as text-only? That gives you a
file that you will need to touch up a bit, but the line breaks should be
fine.

No -- in the context of that piece, I felt it important to preserve at least one of the sample
graphic elements they included, since it concerned a forged, purporting-to-be-official
website.  Text-only would lose all that.

Incidentally, I did not mean that anyone might need to recode such a page from scratch
to print itout: I'm sure anyone reasonably fluent with HTML could find the tags that inhibit
printing, or control the font / layout choices, and selectively edit them, perhaps even
quickly.

Jordan