XyWrite III*

I'm new to this list but an oldie with XyWrite, going all the way back to Xywrite II. I was (and am) crazy about XyWrite III+, although I bought the newer versions up to XyWrite 4 and thought they were a kludge.

However, I'm a writer, with zero interest in desktop publishing and all its bells and whistles. Cute, but not useful to me.

So I stuck with III+. It works WITH me and lets ME be in charge, and by now is heavily customized according to MY needs. I'm not obliged to cater to ITS needs.

I ran it for several years under Windows 3.1, although it was pretty much isolated from the rest of the computer.  Finally had to go to Windows 98 because some of my other applications were beginning to abandown 3.1.  XyWrite III+ will run there,  but is in even greater isolation.

As a result, I'm having to depend more and more on Microsoft Word for Windows and I HATE it!!!!!!!  Biggest problem is printing on a color printer. HP PHotoSmart P1000.  In black and white days, I modified many a XyWrite printer driver on my own, but I heard that they haven't made any new ones in about 6 years now, and that color is out of the question.

Any comments on that?  Does anybody use XyWrite on a color printer? If so, what driver and what printer?

Color me a curmudgeon if you like, but please don't ask me to replace a Ferrari with a Toyota.

Paul Millikin
Peoria, Illinois
pmillikinAhome.com
309 692 0688