Re: XY concordancer pgm?

I think there might have been something in the Xy4DOS docs. I do remember one
technique I never tried; it involved creating a wordlist in a text file
consisting of a word, then the same word plus the  index marker.
 Running the batch correction half of the batch speller would then find each
instance of each word in the list and replace it with that same word plus the
marker. An index build would then create an alphabetized list with page
numbers.

A thought or two: This won't handle base-forming or stemming of inflected
words; thus, motorcar and motorcars would have to be separate entries. Also,
I don't know what the batch speller does with case (typographic, not
grammatical). There may be a default setting that takes care of that.

Anybody else out there ever try this method?

Cheers,
Tim Baehr
tbaehr@xxxxxxxx