Re: Off topics how to copy LFN files

On Sat, 20 Oct 2001 13:32:11 -0700, Mimi Gauthier LeBien wrote:

> Does anyone remember the program - XTalk?

Sure, I still use it mostly when I need to check my modem's settings.. When I ran XY 3+ I had a
link, a saveget, in it that
opened the com port, fired up XTalk, downloaded some stuff, then sorted it in XPL, and left me the
file all set to go in the
morning. Those were the good old days.

Actually, I'm using XY 3+ w/ Windows 2K now. I have XY 4 somewhere, but I remember when I got it it
seemed less
easy to use, perhaps less functional or stable; this was, obviously, looong ago--in computer time.
But I see in this
newsgroup that lots of people are running XY 4, so when I find it I'll give it a try.

[I also have "Signature" around here somewhere. Ah, what a sad story that was!

Cheers,

--Ed Germain
egermain@xxxxxxxx