From: owner-xywrite@xxxxxxxx
[mailto:owner-xywrite@xxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of
Brian.Henderson@xxxxxxxx
Sent: Monday, March 07, 2005 10:44 AM
To: xywrite@xxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: ersatz autosave...? (Speaking of...)

REply to message from Patricia M. Godfrey

I had written my question from home, where I do not have Xy4 installed, and
so had to rely on my memory (never the correct action, in my case) for the
thing that bugged me. It's been so long since I actually fired-up 4...I was
only slightly off, though.

My actual problem with Xy4 is this: When I return to full screen 4 using
Alt\Tab, it's not that the cursor has moved to the cmd-line...it's that the
navigation band (I have no idea what it's really called - it's the thing
that obscures the cmd-line) has now appeared, and the keyboard is focused on
it instead of the text area. Getting rid of it is not exactly difficult, but
having to make it go away each time is quite annoying to me. Especially
since seventeen years of habit does not allow me to automatically hit ESC as
soon as I return to Xy.

(and having tested it just now, I noticed that what I had left on the
cmd-line WAS cleared...which also makes 4 unusable for me)

. . . .