RE: ersatz autosave...? (Speaking of...)

REply to message from Patricia M. Godfrey

I had written my question from home, where I do not have Xy4 installed, and so had to rely on my
memory (never the correct action, in my case) for the thing that bugged me. It's been so long since
I actually fired-up 4...I was only slightly off, though.

My actual problem with Xy4 is this: When I return to full screen 4 using Alt\Tab, it's not that the
cursor has moved to the cmd-line...it's that the navigation band (I have no idea what it's really
called - it's the thing that obscures the cmd-line) has now appeared, and the keyboard is focused on
it instead of the text area. Getting rid of it is not exactly difficult, but having to make it go
away each time is quite annoying to me. Especially since seventeen years of habit does not allow me
to automatically hit ESC as soon as I return to Xy.

(and having tested it just now, I noticed that what I had left on the cmd-line WAS cleared...which
also makes 4 unusable for me)

>REply to message from Brian Henderson

>What's your default DT? Expanded? Draft? With or without page-line display? (I don't think the latter would make a difference, really.)

Patricia,

I've always installed 4 by telling it to emulate 3 as much as possible, and except for that
navigation thingy, it usually looks pretty much like 3 always looks...a plainish text area, no
expanded tags (I only ever see Tags when working with macros), with the cmd-line at the top of the
screen...is that Draft? (And what IS this graphics mode y'all talk about now and then? Graphics in
Xywrite?! What an odd concept.)

Carl,

The Tab key assignment was the out-of-the-box 15=KF...I changed it to NO just for the heck of
it...made no difference (and since this is an entirely different proposition than I first described,
Tab key assignment is probably irrelevant anyway).

-Brian H.