Re: Search through recent files only

I use dtSearch as my regular search program. I even interviewed David Thede
http://www.nasw.org/users/nbauman/txtsrch.htm and at my request, he
included XyWrite as one of the file formats (although it didn't work too
well in 3.55 -- it didn't filter the XyWrite codes). I'd recommend it. The
way I work, it's very useful. It lets me find things I could never find
without hours of searching, or at all.

Before that, I used ZyIndex, but when I moved to Windows 98, I couldn't
install it, and ZyLab told me they didn't support it any more and couldn't
help me. ZyIndex did a good job of displaying XyWrite pages without the
formatting codes.

Does anybody else use search programs like this?

Norman

At 03:27 PM 7/10/02 EDT, Writer892@xxxxxxxx wrote:

>If you are looking for something that runs
>outside of XyWrite, you might try DT Search,
>which you can download at dtsearch.com. It
>costs about $100, but has a 30-day evaluation
>period.
>It can automatically index all of your
>files and find what you are looking for almost instantly.
>
>Bob Ashley
>Indianapolis

Norman Bauman
411 W. 54 St. Apt. 2D