Re: XY Full Screen in XP

On Mon, May 26, 2008 at 7:53 AM, Paul Lagasse mailto:pglagasse@xxxxxxxx wrote:
 Fred, from your tiff file, XP looks like it's running in window view, rather than in fullscreen view, under VMware (based on some other screenshots of OSX/VMware/XP I saw online -- to be honest, I don't really know what I should be seeing). Just guessing, but have you tried putting XP into fullscreen view first before trying to launch XyWrite fullscreen or toggle Xy fullscreen using alt+enter? I'm wondering if there might be some issue with trying to run fullscreen DOS on a windowed XP under VMware.

If VMware and XP with Xy remains a problem, could you use VMware to run DOS (no XP -- FreeDOS maybe) and Xy and get satisfactory results?

Paul,

You are correct in your reading of the TIFF; XP is running in maximized window view there. Excellent suggestions, thank you. I have not taken the time to build another VMWare module using DOS yet; will take that one on later today (possibly). As for running XP full screen, I tried that, without appreciable difference in the XY appearance, full screen. I enclose a JPG screenshot to show the largest width I have been able to attain in XP full screen with XY in maximized window. I got this appearance by choosing a larger font (Lucida 24), which did "stick" through repeated sessions; attempting to enlarge the width parameter would not "take." Why not XY full screen (alt-enter invocation)? Because that gives me a miniaturized XY centrally located in a sea of black. By the way I have XY's display set to white on black so that is normal for me.

Fred Weiner