Re: Faxing from Xy

On 04/05/97 at 03:47 AM,
  Harry Binswanger  said (in so many words):

<- A couple of people have said that they can't fax out from Xy4. Is
<- there anyone who CAN? I have several pgms (DOS Fax Pro Lite, Quickfax,
<- Bitcomm, etc.) that I have never tried with windows 95. I'm hoping
<- someone has a DEAD EASY way of faxing out from the Xy Command Line.

I've been faxing for years from Xy with no trouble. I have Faxworks for
OS/2, which in its latest version will gladly accept whatever font XyDos
throws it way (it used to only take cgtimes and courier, from Dos
programs, so I always had to throw in a UFcgtimes at the beginning).
What I do takes exactly two steps (well, three if count restoring)

setp 2

ty

setp 1

that's it.

The relevant line of settings.dfl reads:

LPT3.OS2f:\XY4\HPIIIPDA.PRNFAX Output

This automatically wakes up Faxworks with the fax already to send. The
trick simply is that LPT3 is assigned to the fax printer object. I
thought that the Windows product did something similar?

--
                     Regards,
                     David

Food without hospitality is medicine