Re: TYP

Dear Robert

I have done as you suggest below, and modified U2, then run TYP. However this generates no bat
file in the editor directory.

I have also commanded dir c:\progra~1\gs\gs8.50\bin\GSWIN32.EXE but this elicits the message
'file not found.' I then tried to explore the directory tree; I got as far as c:\progra~1 which
showed no further directories and when I tried to examine the directory of c:\progra~1\gs I
received the 'file not found' message again. The archive attribute on "c:\program files"
is not
set but the read only attribute is set. However I appear to be unable to remove this attribute, or
at least each time I try, when I look at properties again it is read only once more. (I am running
Windows 2000).

I order to try and eliminate this possible source of problem I removed ghostscript and then
reinstalled into c:\gs, taking care to change the entry in the registry. After this I was able to
find gswin32.exe from the XY4 command line. However I still obtained exactly the same subliminal
error message when trying to print using TYP and I when I searched, there was still no BAT file in
the editor directory.

I do not know what else to try.

Paul