Re: Backup path

Reply to note from Michael Norman  Wed, 20 Jan 1999
07:52:42 -0500

-> I recently got a ZIP drive that I now use to back up, as I
-> write, all my XyWrite files. I work in XyDos4 on a Win98
-> system. The ZIP drive is my e: drive. The ZIP disk has a main
-> \XY directory and off of that several sub-directories. I have
-> rewritten my Alt=B key so that when I press it on the fly, it
-> sends (or I want it to send) a copy of the file or overwrite
-> the file on both the c: and e: drives. Here's what the line in
-> my keyboard file reads:
->
-> 48=BX(sa)BX(sa/nv e:)

Michael:

"SA/NV E:" saves to the *current directory* (whatever that happens
to be) on drive E:. What you need is a macro that will grab the
file's directory path and SAve it to the *same directory* on drive
E:, with a fallback if the directory doesn't exist. The following
code does it. If the target directory doesn't exist on drive E:, it
SAves to the root directory, E:\.

If you load the XyWWWeb U2, you can simply assign the following code
-- *after removing all internal 's* -- to Alt-B in your .KBD
file.

nn=NOXHJM2,.,P,r,s,K,b,d,A,r,g,Q2x,m,
,S,A,[,S,X,0,1,CO[,V,A,$,F,P,],],
[,S,X,0,1,CO",E,:,",+,[,V,A,@,0,1,:,2,],],COB,X,e,s, ,1,Q,2,
B,X,s,a,/,n,v, ,[,P,V,0,1,],Q,2,[,I,F,[,E,R,],],CO
B,X,s,a,/,n,v, ,E,:,\,Q,2,[,E,I,],COB,X,e,s, ,0,Q,2,NO

Otherwise, turn the following pseudo-code into real XPL, LDPM it to
a Save/Get, and assign the Save/Get to Alt-B:

BX es 1Q2 BX sa/nv Q2 >BX sa/nv E:\Q2 ;*;
BX waitQ2

If you have a problem, let me know.

Carl Distefano
CLDistefano@xxxxxxxx