RE: [Off Topic] Windows Genuine Advantage

This is just paranoia.

The only interest in checking or verifying at all is to make sure that a
licensed version is not illegally duplicated.

The computer software market is not that desperate that they would ever
force anyone to upgrade against their will.

If you own a legit copy and choose to keep it running long after active
support is discontinued, that is your privilege.

I understand that there are still crazies out there who insist in keeping
their old PET and Commodore computers and software up and running.

In addition, there are people who insist on running old copies of editing
software when the company that created it originally is long gone. -- Go
figure...

	Phil White

Philip D. White,
Senior Information Architect
University of Houston, CASA Testing Center

Phone: (713) 743-4135
Fax: (713) 743-8630
Email: pdwhite@xxxxxxxx