Re: Further to XY under XP: finding config.xy

** Reply to message from "Patricia M. Godfrey"
 on Fri, 17 Aug 2007 10:18:45 -0400

> Robert Holmgren wrote:

>>  d:\path\editor.exe ,d:\path\startup.int

> As I said, I had never had occasion to do this before (specify a
> startup.int file when loading Xy), but it now dawns on me that
> this can be very useful when using one Xy installation on a
> dual-boot machine.

No kidding. That's a rather narrow construction. The obvious
general principle is: multiple installations. More than one
database. Et cetera. Wanna bet that dBase doesn't also have a
command-line switch to point at its config file? Something like
 -config config_filename
Or an environment variable, or SOMETHING! I'm betting it does,
you gotta bet against.

Robert Holmgren
holmgren@xxxxxxxx