Re: From NB NY [Descenders]

** Reply to message from Michael Norman
on Tue, 11 Mar 2008 08:32:00 -0400

Can you send me a screen shot (showing the NB window borders)?
The phenomenon that I'm talking about, for which  is a
solution, is not limited to the "bottom line". True, sometimes
I don't see the whole bottom line -- but that happens in Word,
Acrobat, and other programs as well: the bottom line is simply
cut off.

> Unfortunately it does not appear to have any effect
> on the lost descenders on the final
> line of text on screen, which has been my main concern.

What happens when you issue FUNC MU ? Does the line then appear
intact? Why can't you just PageDown and read that line as part
of the next page? I guess I don't understand the problem, or
what you're seeing.

Reasons why allocation of page size might not be sufficient to
display the descenders on the last line are conflicts of units
of measure (metric<==>English<==>LInes, etc), or vague
statements of PageLength, BT, FM, etc. Don't mix the old (Xy3)
and new (Sig/Xy4) models for page size definition!

Robert Holmgren
holmgren@xxxxxxxx