Re: List Archives Available at XyWWWeb - I worked it out.

                         Michael Edwards.

[Teddy Odum:]

>I usually just right click and hit
>"save target as", but if you use some other os, and browser, you'll have to
>try something else.

   I've worked it out, I think. At least, I managed to obtain .zip files
which I assume are correct. (I've still to determine what you use to unzip
these, but I can probably find out.) So anyone thinking of advising me probably
needn't bother now, and sorry if I've wasted anyone's time. Thanks for the
clue, Teddy.
   I see what you mean here. The thing is that I was quite unaware you could
download archive files by right-clicking and selecting "Save as" - I thought you
always did it just by clicking on the link. Yes, I was aware of that "Save as"
menu option, but I always believed that was only for saving web pages or
pictures that were actually already displayed, and I never made the mental
connection with saving archived files in this manner. Now to go and try that
with the other web site where I seemed unable to download a file.... Thanks.
   I probably sound very ignorant there - but I *am* ignorant about Windows,
and haven't acclimatized at all well to it after many years of using DOS.

             Regards,
             Michael Edwards.