Re: Converting from Word to XY

ArtL7@xxxxxxxx wrote:

> Dear Xywrite buffs: Isn't there a program you can buy that allows you to
> easily take DOS programs like early III-plus Xywrite and switch them back and
> forth between Word and Xywrite? I don't recall the company's name and
> product, but I was hoping someone on this list might know. Thanks, Art

 Yes. Or at least there was. Adobe File Utilities includes Word for Word for
Windows, and it allows for all sorts of conversion to and from DOS and Windows
programs, mostly wp programs, but also Excel, Lotus, Quattro, etc. etc. One of
the programs virtues is that you can attach it to Word (at least my MS Word 7.0)
which makes it possible both to call up from and save files to other formats,
including Xy2, Xy3, Xy4, even Signature, to say nothing of Ami, WordStar, ASCII,
RTF, HTML, etc. etc.
  My version is 7.2, bought probably four or five years go, but I don't see it
advertised any more and it may well have vanished.

The conversions are not perfect, and you've got to make sure that the formatting
commands in particular survived the conversions, but it's pretty good. Whether it
would run under Windows 98, I have no idea.

Nick Clifford