Re: PIF files for XP

This sounds like a monitor problem to me. Switching from analogue to
digital cable should make absolutely no difference to what you see.

Are you working full screen or windowed? If full screen then it is
possible that the monitor is not interpreting the DOS screen signal
correctly and not expanding it to fill the screen (or perhaps it does
not support the mode you are using). I have lived for years with a
monitor that showed black above and below the Windows 2000 startup
screen. I've just upgraded and the black has disappeared, so the
startup screen now fills up all my pixels.

If it is the monitor, I don't know what the solution is, but you'll need
to have a look at its settings screens and try playing around.

Paul Breeze

Jim Eberle wrote:
The attachment you sent didn't show what's happening. The 25 lines are displayed on just three-fourths of my screen, making the lines crunched closer together. The remaining one-quarter of the screen is black. Adjusting the monitor didn't help. All I could accomplish was move the black area to the bottom of the screen. It had originally been above and below the 25 lines. This is happening with XY4 DOS running on Win XP with a digital cable between computer and monitor. -----Original Message----- From: owner-xywrite@xxxxxxxx [mailto:owner-xywrite@xxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of flash Sent: Monday, May 05, 2008 12:14 PM To: xywrite@xxxxxxxx Subject: Re: PIF files for XP ≪XyWrite DOS screen became scrunched. There are still 25 lines, but the length of the lines takes up just three-quarter of the screen, with black below.≫ See attachment. ******************************************************* We are sending you this e-mail primarily for your information, to meet your needs and further our valued relationship. If you prefer not to receive any further messages from us, just reply to this e-mail and let us know. Thanks. American Bankers Association 1120 Conn. Ave NW Wash DC 20036 *******************************************************