Re: New version of vDos

Reply to note from Edward Mendelson  Wed, 30 Sep
2015 22:47:27 -0400

> The latest (1 October 2015) version of vDos, with sources, is
> now http://vdos.info/download.html
>
> I don't know whether it will be easy or hard to update vDosXy to
> to the latest version, but the old version of vDosXy will
> certainly continue to work.

New releases of vDos are irrelevant to XyWriters unless they address
the fundamental difference in keyboard handling that XyWrite
requires, or unless our benefactor Peter a/k/a catastrophicanomaly
(a) makes the necessary updates to his vDosXy fork, and, in the
process, (b) cures the instability of the last release of vDoxXy.

Unless that happens, I'll remain wedded to the penultimate version of
vDosXy, to wit ...

12/15/2014 07:21 PM      376,320 vDos.exe

... which, though not perfect, is quite good enough.

--
Carl Distefano
cld@xxxxxxxx