Re: How to change Label (LB) indicator?

Carl Distefano wrote:

So do I, but not with XPL. The way the LaBel marker looks in draft
view is a function of Editor's control of the video display; to
change that, it would be necessary to patch Editor.EXE.

Aha! Good to know. When ransacking the archive, I came across a
long discussion of that "3", which several people were saying
must be set in the printer file, but I doubted it. Furthermore, it must indeed be a matter of display, because if you create a file with Footnotes, Labels, NoTes, and InVisible text in it, as I just did, and List it in Hex, there are no 3s or ns there. The various elements all start out AE (i.e., ASC174, the open guillemet), followed by 4C (cap ell) or 46 (cap eff), and so on.
In XyWrite 4 and later, the NT command can
be used to embed non-printing text. In draft view, it displays as a
normal formatting delta.
Yes, that's what you and someone else were discussing a while
back, and I couldn't find because I couldn't remember the key word.
Note that apparently Label is Label, whether in text or in an XPL program.
By the by, BG said that he got the "n" after switching into
graphics mode. Now Vista doesn't do graphics mode (actually, it
doesn't do fullscreen mode, and 999 out of 1000 VGA adaptors
won't do graphics mode in a window, so it cannot do graphics).
But I automatically get an "n" rather than a "3" in plain draft
view, from the get-go.
--
Patricia M. Godfrey
priscamg@xxxxxxxx