Re: Update on Parallels (i.e., XyWrite on a Mac)

David Auerbach wrote:
* You can drag and drop files from the Windows desktop to the
Mac desktop, or vice versa. You can also right-click a
document in either universe (a Word file, JPEG, PDF or
whatever);

If true, that should solve Lisa's problem.

(P.S.-- Parallels will soon have competition from programs
like VMWare Fusion and CrossOver. I'll review them when
they're available in final form.)
Re CrossOver: the other day I was too slow on the uptake, and my PC
booted into Linux instead of Windows. So I tried CrossOver Office, and
found my trial offer still had one day left. Dug out the Xy original
floppies and tried to run install.exe. No go. CrossOver cannot believe
any app would install from FLOPPIES, and so need to swap floppies, so
it just goes out to lunch. Not an issue, since copying an existing
setup is a better way to go. I would just suggest that people keep a
backup copy of it somewhere else, in case a PC dies and you need to
transfer the setup to your new one.
--
Patricia M. Godfrey
PriscaMG@xxxxxxxx