Re: Update on Parallels (i.e., XyWrite on a Mac)

--- "Patricia M. Godfrey"  wrote:

> David Auerbach wrote:
> > * You can drag and drop files from the Windows desktop to the
> > Mac desktop, or vice versa. You can also right-click a
> > document in either universe (a Word file, JPEG, PDF or
> > whatever);
>
> If true, that should solve Lisa's problem.

According to Parallels people, they are not supporting sharing of
documents between DOS sessions and Mac Desktop. I hesitate to spend
money on this update until I am sure it will work, since I've already
sunk so much time and money into this with absolutely useless results.

I'd be interested if:

1. Customer support were vastly improved (ie. that it existed free
until one was up and running).

2. There were some indication that running programs under DOS without
with Windows environment were fully supported.

Right now I have a DOSBox set up. Don't use it much except for
experimentation, as I haven't had to work while traveling. But I can
access my external floppy drive with it, and can move files back and
forth from my DOS folder on the Mac desktop.