xw 4.12

When I bought XW 4.11 last year, I immediately complained to TTG
that text at the bottom and top is cut off in the middle of the
line. And, when paging down (or up), the next screen did not show
 the previously cut line as a complete readable sentence. This
occurs randomly at about every other or every third page when I
read a document.

After paging down/up, I am forced to find the previously cut
sentence with a cursor button in order to read it. This is an
irritation because I shouldn't have to make an extra effort to
read text after using the page down/up key. No other word
processor that I use in the office (Word and WordPerfect) has
this flaw. I was assured by various TTG'ers that I spoke with on
the phone, that this would be reported to the developers as a
bug and be fixed in the next release.

Well, imagine my surprise today (my second day of evaluating ver
4.12) when I discover that this largely annoying bug still
exists.

I love XW because it doesn't consume so much of my hard drive and
 is easier to use than Word or WordPerfect, but I am getting to
the point that many former XyWrite users reached before they
finally threw up their hands and just dumped XW altogether. I am
now at the point that buying a 1 GB hard drive is more appealing
than trying to contact TTG on the phone and waiting over 16
months to fix a problem that should not have existed in the
first place. In my opinion, the tech support took a nose dive
when TTG acquired the product and is not reliable.

Am I the only one having this problem where lines are cut in
mid-sentence at the top and/or bottom of every other screen? It
seems like XW isn't smart enough to either display the entire
sentence or hide it so that it will display on the next screen.

I have a 486 DX2 66MHz in standard VGA mode. I also have XW
loaded on an OS2 machine in the office that is running in
standard VGA mode and the same problem exists in this machine
also.

Can someone enlighten me as to what is going on?

E-mail: Mike Gawdun
Date: 06/04/95
Time: 10:51:02