Cropped tails are beautiful...

Those of us on the digest version will be grateful if everyone crops off
the long trailing tails of previous messages from their replies.

Those of you on the regular system just pop on to the next message when
you reach the end of the previous one, so you hardly notice. But we
DIGESTers, getting all in one file once or twice a day, have to scroll
down through all the streaming tails, which can get pretty long and
repetitive if they include multiple exchanges. They also make the digest
files needlessly bloated, wasting bandwidth and memory.

The PINE system I use for e-mail is very civil. It ASKS whether I want
default can be similarly set, but if not, clipping off the unneeded
trailing tail is painless enough on most systems.

Thanks.   Ted Stannard

==== Prof. & Mrs. R.E.Stannard Jr. (Ted & Femmy), JMC Dept [226],
THE AMERICAN UNIVERSITY IN CAIRO, POBox 2511, Cairo 11511, EGYPT.
ph: (20-2) r.340-7917 o.797-6200 fx: 795-7565 attn JMC Dept [226]
em: stannard@xxxxxxxx	 & stannard@xxxxxxxx (thru July 2000 only)