VMWare player

This may be of interest to others here.
I have been using VMWare Workstation Player 12 for a couple of months now to run Windows XP for NB9 and a few other programs that will not function under Windows 7 64 bit (such as the early CD version of OED). However I have only today discovered a utility that comes with the player called VMWare-KVM.EXE which can launch a virtual machine without the usual toolbar and which allows a single key to toggle between the virtual machine and the host. It has some limitations such as not allowing the virtual machine to use multiple monitors but it seems to offer a much cleaner way of running virtual machines than launching them from the player or from a shortcut.

Paul