Re: Xy on Mac

On Thu, 8 Mar 2007, Myron Gochnauer wrote:

> It's been a long time since I worked up a DOS system, but my
> recollection is that the only DOS files you cannot get along without
> (once you have a bootable system) are COMMAND.COM, HIMEM.SYS, and
> EMM386.EXE. Well, actually, the last two aren't strictly necessary,
> and Parallels-DOS may handle high memory in its own way, thus making
> these unnecessary.

To these, I think we should add CONFIG.SYS and AUTOEXEC.BAT, but perhaps
these are relics, since I don't know the version of DOS Parallels is
using. In any case, these two, plus COMMAND.COM, linger in my memory as
the "old school" DOS core. Lisa, I will see what is in the DOS directory
for my version of Virtual PC and contribute that.

Carlo Caballero
thyrsus@xxxxxxxx