Re: Transition to Xy4--better late than never

Reply to note from Lisa Kleinholz  Mon, 19
Nov 2001 06:16:30 -0800 (PST)

> 1. I have Xy4 4.016. Is there any advantage to getting the
> newest version?

Yes, there is. The next version, 4.017, fixed some important bugs
(don't remember which ones, but they were discussed here) and was
the most stable release to date. The newest version, 4.018, added
a minor but helpful Y2K fix. It's definitely worth having.

> If so, where can I get it?

Until a minute ago, nowhere. But since it was a free download
when TTG had a web site, I don't see why anyone who wants it
should be denied access to it now. So I've thrown caution to the
wind and posted it (as edit4018.zip) to my personal website, at
http://users.datarealm.com/ammaze/xfer/. Grab it while the grabbing's
good.

> 2. How much memory do I need for U2?

Not an issue. U2 uses minimal memory because XyWrite's ingenious
help-file system doesn't load the entire file, only an index of
its contents. Just do it.

--
Carl Distefano
cld@xxxxxxxx