Re: unwanted prompt

Reply to note from "Morris Krok"  Mon, 19 Nov
2001 08:16:22 -0800

> I have written a program calchng5.pm ... What I am perturbed
> about that in XY4 a prompt message comes up each time to the
> effect that the file is already open and do I want to open it
> again Yes,No,Go and Read. Each time I must press N for No. What
> must I do, to get rid of this unwanted prompt.

Somehow this question sounds familiar. The way to avoid that PRompt
is to use the GOFILE command in conjunction with CAll. GOFILE
checks if any open window already has the file. If it does, it
switches focus to that window; otherwise, it returns Error 392
("File not found"). The basic usage is:

BX gofile d:\path\foo.barQ2 >BX ca d:\path\foo.barQ2 ;*;

Make sure that error suppression is off (BX es 1Q2 ).

> I also notice that in XY4 I cannot use BX and Q2.

BX...Q2 doesn't work with CAll, REad, etc. in point-and-shoot mode
with a directory. You've got to lift the d:\path\filename from the
directory with  and save it to a Save/Get, then do GOFILE and
CAll:

--
Carl Distefano
cld@xxxxxxxx